Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy Hearts Crafts....

I love Valentines Day!! Well I love hearts - I have been obsessed with hearts since I was little - I love love love hearts!!! So Valentines Day just gives me an excuse to put them everywhere!!!
I made a few Valentines things - I am going to make a few more to give to my mom and mother in law and a few of our neighbors.
I saw something like this at one of my favorite stores - From our Home to Yours. It was so cute , mine didn't turn out quite like there's but I am happy with it - for now:) I am giving my snow men away - I keep looking at them and deciding I don't like them as much as I should. But my awesome husband came home with a scroll saw - he got some money to spend for Christmas and how sweet that he brought this home for me. I never thought I would be so excited about a power tool but I love this thing. This is my first craft made with this tool and I can't believe I did it all by myself!!








I made this earlier this year and then the weather got yucky so I sorta forgot I even had it - it was so easy .. and it's really fun to make a new block for the middle every month. I went to quilted bear and saw some just like this one and they were selling the square wreath for 20.00 - I made mine for less then 5 dollars- all you need is the wood: I think it was a 1X4 but you could really use any size, and some craft wire. And just paint and stain.




8 comments:

  1. Cute wood crafts! I love working with the scroll saw. You will enjoy it so much! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love hearts too. I just don't have many! So, Thanks for sharing.

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, I have looked through your blog and I love it all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I want to work with wood more, but need to get some tools for cutting first, and maybe an electric sander.

    Please feel free to link it up with my Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family!

    http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/talented-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very very cute! I would love a fun valentine door hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyndsey,
    I love them both! They're super cute! Thanks for joining my spur of the moment party. I did get the code for my button fixed, so be sure to swing by and grab one for your post :)
    happy crafting,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful crafts and projects!
    Bon @ drab to fab

    www.gorgfabgoodies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete