- I am a little early on the party it doesn't start until tonight!!I saw this fun party at The House Creative and thought I would give it a shot!! I hope I can come up with 11 , here we go :
1. I want to FORGIVE.. that is a big one for me.. 2010 was great but it was filled with a lot of pain for me too!! I want to find a way to let go of some of that and just MOVE ON ...
2. I want to be more patient.. this is a goal I wake up with almost every morning but by mid-day I have given up on it lol!
3. I want to yell less.. sometimes I hear myself and I am so embarrased. I set this goal for myself awhile ago.. and have done so much better since. But there more room for improvement.
4. I want to save more and spend less!! This is one we decided to work on last year when we were listing our resolutions.. and I am happy to say we have stuck with it!! For the most part:)
5. I want to get more comfortable cooking for my family. Well I should say I want to learn to like cooking ... I have gone out of my comfort zone and tried a few things in this awesome cookbook that I found!! I was pretty proud of myself when everything turned out edible!! :)
6. LESS TV. This is a big one.. we are a tv loving family. I have started to limit our time in front of the tv and use that time to learn and make memories with my kids.
7.I want to stress less about my son and just enjoy him!! I am always worried about whether he is getting what he needs and if I am doing a good enough job. As he would say" I need to take a chill pill."
8.I want to learn how to sew... I have been on the look out for any really easy tutorials.. I mean EASY!!! I just got a cute little sewing machine for Christmas and I am SO determined to put it to good use.
9. I want to do a better job of letting the people who are important to me know that they are. I always think man I should let them know how thankful I am for what they do.. but then life happens and that moment just passes me by. I do have SO many amazing and supportive people in my life and I need to make sure they know it!!
10.I hope in this next year to make the decision on whether or not I want more little munchkins. There are times that I want one more.. I crave a baby.. I yearn for that little baby smell and I am so sure that we have to have another baby. But then I look at the 2 beautiful kids I have and I am content.. It feels so well balanced and I am terrified that I will overwhelm myself with another one. I will tell you that I was so scared when my daughter was born.. the first time I took the 2 of them to the store alone .. I attempted to get them both out of the car.. got so frustrated.. buckled them both in .. then called my mom and cried my eyes out!! I was sure that there was no way I could handle two living creatures that were going to look to me for everything that they needed to survive. I WAS SO OVER WHELMED!!! It seems so silly now.. because I have learned how to balance the 2 of them... plus there is 2 of us.. its an equal playing field.. I am scared for them to out number us lol!!!
11. Just be more happy and healthy.. I have a strong addiction to my best friend
Mr. Rockstar. I am convinced I can't make it through my day , or through work with out it!!! Now I am not saying I want to let my best buddy go... but maybe if I started eating healthier and tried to stress less I wouldn't need so much JUICE to get me going :) I can hope right?!!
So here is my big idea.. if I focus on #1 and #11 - which is if I learn to forgive and let go .. and start being a healthier person then I will be happier and more patient(#2).. giving me more patient to waste on learning to cook (#5) therefor saving money on eating out (#4) I will feel so good about myself after my new found patience that I will be to happy to yell anymore (#3) and then I would enjoy my kids so much that I would decide I had it all figured out and want another one right away (#10) and we will be way to busy with a new addition that we won't have time to watch tv(#6) and I will have so much time to learn how to sew.. (#8) and I will make so many cute things for the people I care about .. and everyone will know how much I love and appreciate them with my handmade gifts(#9).. geez that sounds like alot of work.. makes me want a ROCKSTAR.. lol!! Hey you can't win them all right :)